We are pleased to have this resource available for DOH-Manatee residents in Manatee County.
The DOH-Manatee point of contact is: Gabriela Vasquez, Non Congregate Sheltering (NCS) Coordinator. She can be reached at email@example.com or at her cell phone (941) 714-3704.
Should you need these services, please contact Gabriela directly.
Eligibility Criteria: Staff support will be available to them throughout the client’s stay; however, telephone and video communications will be used to maintain social distancing. A private room(s) is being provided at a local motel to individuals meeting the following criteria:
1. Have tested positive for COVID-19 but do not require hospitalization
2. inability to self-isolate at home or being homeless
3. Services are also extended to first responders that have been exposed by someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results , not able to isolate at home
4. Individuals identified by public health officials as being “high risk” and are unable to adhere to social distancing at home
The following resources will be made available to the guests during their stay:
1. Private room with own bathroom
2. In-room refrigerator and microwave
3. Breakfast provided by the hotel, delivered to the client’s door every morning
4. Lunch and dinner and snacks arranged by Meals on Wheels
5. Television, internet access, phone (local calls only) throughout the stay
6. Weekly laundering of linens & towels, guests are responsible for arranging the laundering of personal items
7. Basic hygiene supplies (soap, shampoo)
8. Mental Health and Spiritual Care support if requested
9. If there is a need for animal care, Service Animal Care and Support by the Humane Society (Phone: 941-747-8808) is a resource. Animal Services may also assist by providing kennels for animals, by contacting: 941-742-5933.
Guests are expected to arrange the following:
1. Personal medications
2. Personal clothing and laundering of personal items
4. Communication devices other than in-room telephone (Laptop, iPad, cellular phone)
5. Care for personal animals, other than service animals
a. ADA defined service animals are welcome at the hotel
b. Hotel may allow dogs (up to 30lbs) for an additional fee of $20 per day: 941-315-6514
6. Guests are expected to not physically interact with other persons while temporarily housed in this hotel/medical shelter. The contact-free exchange of meals, linens, hygiene products, and trash removal will occur from outside of your room door, to limit face-to-face personal interaction.