Knowledge Base

How do I dispose of my household hazardous wastes such as unwanted pesticides, paints, pool chemicals?

Category: Groundwater
The government does not regulate hazardous wastes generated in the home. Paint products, pool chemicals, household cleaners, and pesticides are typical examples. When disposed of in the municipal solid waste stream or otherwise improperly managed, these materials have the potential of contaminating the groundwater - our drinking water supply.  To reduce impacts to our groundwater, Manatee County operates a household hazardous waste collection center. For information on hours for drop off, call the Solid Waste Division at 792-8811.
Updated 2/23/2020 2:14 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!