Knowledge Base

How do I report algae in a stream or other natural waterbody?

Report algal blooms in natural waterbodies (streams, rivers, bayous & bays) to the Florida Departmentt of Environmental Protection (FDEP), which collects samples to determine algae species, toxicity, and to track bloom progress.  Contact the FDEP at 855-305-3903 or visit their Algal Bloom website:
Updated 3/6/2020 11:24 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!