Knowledge Base

Who I contact if I lost or found a stray pet?

Manatee County Animal Services is open by appointment only (prefered).

If you have lost or found a pet:

  • Submit a Lost or Found Animal Report
  • Go to Finding Rover to upload a photo of the lost or found pet. Finding Rover is a nationwide database which utilizes facial recognition to reunite lost pets with their owners. 
  • Post the pet as lost or found on sites like Lost Pet Services, Nextdoor, Craigslist, and social media platforms
  • Hang flyers where the pet was lost & found, as most pets are found less than 1,000 feet from their home
  • If you have lost your pet and believe the animal is at MCAS, please call (941) 742-5933 Option #2 to begin the process of reclaiming your pet

MCAS Field Officer Operations operates 5 days a week M-F from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Emergency after hours any time we are closed.  If you are in need of our Field Services, which includes but is not limited to, bite cases, confined strays, barking complaints, hoarding/neglect, please call our dispatch at 941-742-5933, ext. 1.

Updated 1/23/2024 2:03 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!