Knowledge Base

How do I get information on Business – requirements?

License required for construction Contractors only. State license required for certain occupations.

City of Bradenton requires occupational license.

1. Manatee County Questions regarding Contractor Licenses, call 3-1-1 ext 3574 or call 941-749-3047 x3574.

You can also submit a service request online or mobile app:  or email:

or visit the Building Department website: 

2. DBPR Alcohol/Tobacco (SRQ) (850-487-1395)

3. Tax ID – Dept. of Revenue 850-488-6800 

4. IRS – Starting a Business (850-488-6800)

5.  Fictitious Name Application (941-741-4040 (Court Recording)) (850-245-6059)

Department of Business & Professional Regulation: mailing address:

2601 Blair Stone Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027 (850-487-1395)

Unlicensed Activity
DBPR provides a toll-free number for unlicensed activity complaints at 1.866.532.1440.

Updated 6/14/2021 11:43 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!