Knowledge Base

How can I dispose of Medication

Manatee County Sheriffs office has a bin in there office to dispose of medications.  Please transfer the caller to extension 2260.

They do not accept sharps, used syringes, needles or lancets. 

Sharps Disposal Program

This is a free community service designed to assist the residents of Manatee County with a safe method for disposing of used syringe needles, lancets and other “sharps”. Syringes should be sealed in an official sharps container or in another heavy plastic container. Properly packaged sharps can be brought to:

Environmental Health Services Division

410 6th Ave East, Bradenton

Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm


Updated 6/9/2021 4:14 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!